Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Plane Ride

So I took off from Chicago on my journey to Vienna, Austria eager and bright eyed to learn at one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Unfortunately I forgot the cardinal rules of traveling on an airplane:

1. There is always a screaming baby in the seat right across from you that doesn't shut up for hours upon hours.

2. The food is one step above prison food and one step below school food, didn't think there was stuff worse than Sodexo...yeah...

3. There is that random creepy guy who sits next to you on the plane and refuses to let you get sleep because every time a new song pops up on your Ipod he's leaning over virtually into your lap to see what it is...really wanted to start yelling I NEED AN ADULT but I just stayed awake and turned my Ipod towards the screaming baby...

4. The little plane location indicator never ever ever ever ever EVER moves, if I went by its timetable I was by the Southern tip of Greenland for 3 hours.

All in all I started looking for a parachute to exit the plane around Iceland or implicating Creepy Ipod guy in a terrorist plot or shoving my crappy food in the babies mouth to get it to shut up... whatever came first

Thankfully we eventually landed in Stockholm, Sweden

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is ALWAYS that one screaming kid... lol and I liked #4. You're so funneh. :*

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete